Perry M. Westberry, PA-C (retired)
Join us in congratulating Perry M. Westberry, PA-C, on his retirment. Perry retired January 2022.
Perry Westberry has held certification as a physician assistant from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants since 1984. He is especially interested in managing chronic, ongoing medical conditions such as diabetes and hypertension. His first love, (outside of his wife!) is his patients and his second love is educating physician assistant and nurse practitioner students. He is an associate adjuct clinical professor for the Mercer University Physician Assistant Program as well as clinical preceptor for several other PA and NP programs, and he coordinates student rotations. Perry also provides a modicum of on-site IT support. Perry joined Kaufmann Clinic in 1972, working with the founder, Dr. James A. Kaufmann.
- 2000: Listed Marquis' Who 's Who in American, Medicine and Healthcare
- 1999 - 2000: Christian Medical and Dental Society
- 1994 - 2000: Crawford Long Hospital - Ethics Committee
- 1990 - 2002: Fellowship of Christian Physician Assistants, Board of Directors 1998 - 2001
- 1998 - 2001: Editor FCPA Newsletter
- 1985 - 1987: Utilization Review Committee - Crawford Long Hospital
- 1984 - Present: American Academy of Physician Assistants
- 1984 - 2001: Georgia Association of Physician Assistants
- Director-at-Large (2 terms)
- Chairman Membership Committee 3 years
- Chairman ad hoc task force on impaired practitioners
- founding chairman of the standing committee 2 years
- 1984 Charter Member International Society for Hypertension in Blacks